Friday, March 13, 2015

Baby Beats

I had my first appointment with my OB yesterday. I was a little nervous since it's been 2 weeks since my last appt/ultrasound and found out when I got in the exam room that the OB appointment did not include an ultrasound. My doctor completely understood my anxiety so she pulled out the dopplar and said it's pretty early but we could try to listen for a heartbeat. She put the goo on the wand and pressed it to my belly. Immediately I could hear a heartbeat, loud and clear! It was the most amazing sound. So fast but so strong. 

I left the OB with a smile on my face and went straight to the post office to mail our big announcements! Can't wait till the calls start coming in from surprised family!
The flip side to all the happiness is this stupid cold I got last week. It hit me like a mac truck... I was absolutely demolished for days. I'm finally on the mend and left with a stuffy head and awful sinus pain at night. I started the neti pot treatment yesterday and am hoping that will help me avoid a sinus infection. Not sure how antibiotics work with baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment