Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hello 2015

I was sitting at work, thinking about the pregnancy/IVF blogs I've been reading and thought, 'hey, I should capture my fertility journey' when I remembered I created this blog. It was hard to read the one and only post, since I wrote it the day my miscarriage started.

It's been a very long year and a half since that post, filled with countless pills, injections, dr visits, co-pays... Following the miscarriage it was a good 5 or 6 months before my body was back to normal and we could start trying again. After several months of baby dancing we begrudgingly went to a fertility clinic. Three failed IUIs (Intrauterine insemination) later we are one week out from our first IVF (in vitro fertilization) transfer!! I had OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome) after the egg retrieval a month and a half ago so the transfer was delayed until 1/21/15. 

FINALLY the transfer is just around the corner and I am so excited I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I look ahead on the medicine calendar I made and see all the new pills and shots I'll be taking in the next few days. As much as I hate the injections, I know that the more drugs I'm on, the closer I am to the transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment